Summer in the mountains
(Not only) For summiteers…
Do you know the ecstatic feeling you get when reaching the peak and the marvellous view you’re gifted after a long and strenuous hike? Here in Gries in the Sellrain valley, you can get the feeling right outside our doors. Untouched nature amidst beautiful mountains with steep stone walls and impressive views awaits you.
If you don’t want to climb that high, you can still use the gently rising hiking paths that lead through the valley and to the smaller peaks. The Besinnungsweg, one of these paths, leads to the pilgrimage church of Saint Quirin. The building is known for its 15th-century late-gothic frescoes and wooden figurines.
You can also relax and enjoy the fresh air, eat a piece of homemade cake at one of the surrounding alp huts, which serve local products. You can also try our specialities, like Kaspressknödelsuppe or Speckknödel while staying with us.
Things to know about a summer holiday
Sports activities in nature
- Hiking: 380 kilometres of hiking trails in the surrounding area from demanding to leisurely
- Path of reflection and various high-altitude trails in the region
- Cycling: 150 km long Inntal valley cycle path in Tyrol
- Mountain biking: Most popular route to the Rosskogelhütte (difficulty: medium), start in Oberperfuss (lift parking), finish: via Stiglreith to the Rosskogelhütte hut. Length: approx. 9 kilometres, difference in altitude: approx. 920 metres
- Fishing: Fishing pond at the end of the valley in the village Praxmar-Lüsens, not far from Gries, with approx. 300 g heavy brown trouts
- Sellraintal valley is a side valley of the Inntal valley in the Stubai Alps, just under 1.200 metres above sea level in the Innsbruck-Land district. Neighbouring valleys: Ötztal, Pitztal, Stubaital
- Farming on the steep slopes is still mainly done by hand.
- The region Sellraintal valley belongs to the initiative of the Begsteigerdöfer of the Austrian Alpine Club
- Main connecting road: Sellraintalstraße, public access by Postbus line 4166 from Innsbruck via Völs to St. Sigmund/Haggen